How to determine shoe size
Are you wondering, what is my shoe size?
- Shoe sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer due to methods of production, stitching and age of machinery.
- The best time to try on shoes is usually at the end of the day to make sure your footwear will fit you at your foot’s widest.
- For most people, the larger foot is the opposite from the hand they write with. To choose the perfect shoe fit, try on shoes starting with your larger foot.
- Ski boots and ice skates are most often found in Mondopoint sizes, although some European manufacturers still use European sizes.
- The Mondopoint shoe size system is based on the length and width of the foot in millimeters. For example Mondopoint 280/90 is length 280 mm and width 90 mm. Mondopoint sizes are often only given as the length figure i.e. 260, 280 or 300, the width figure is less commonly used but provides the system with sensible width fitting sizing. Mondopoint is specified by ISO9407-1991 standard – Shoe Sizes, Mondopoint System of Sizing & Marking. Mondopoint system is used in Korea.
- For Fur boots shoes, get one shoe size larger than what you measured.
How to expand shoes
Follow recommendations below to stretch shoes that needs to be expand:
1) Fill up two Ziploc bags with water about half full.
2) Make sure the bags are sealed very well
3) Place one bag in each shoe.
4) Place shoes with water bags in the freezer.
5) When the water in the bags freezes it expands.
6) Take the shoes out of the freezer, remove the
bags, and wear immediately.
7) Let your newly expanded stretched shoes mold to your feet as they warm up and constrict.